TEMPO Last Mile Fiber Optic OTDR | SKU #OFL100-NA
The OFL100 OTDR enables the front-line technician to quickly locate loss events in the last mile of the FTTx network.
The touchscreen provides an intuitive interface for even newly provisioned technicians so that they can locate loss events such as cut fibers, contaminated or damaged connectors and excessively bent fibers.
The Auto Mode allows for the technician to initiate a measurement without adjusting any test parameters.
The Expert OTDR Mode provides access to all the features that the savvy OTDR technician demands so that they can refine measurement parameters to be able to troubleshoot the most demanding faults.
Results can be displayed using a traditional OTDR trace or linear map with user-selectable Pass/Fail analysis. All events are measured, annotated, saved and exported as an industry-standard SOR file that is compliant to GR196 Telcordia standards. The SOR file can be imported into the Trace Viewing program where analysis can be performed and test results can be saved as a PDF report.
The integrated VFL provides a safe level of red laser light to visually locate fiber faults within the OFL100 deadzone. The VFL can be used to confirm continuity of improperly labeled or not labeled fiber optic cables up to approximately 5km. The VFL output is set to ≤1mW which is a Class 2 device that is deemed to be safe by the FDA.
The OPM can be used to measure absolute optical power levels as well as allow the technician to perform loss measurements on a fiber link of the device when used in tandem with the integrated stabilized laser source. Full fiber tracing is supported with tone injection and sensing.
- Test and troubleshoot faults in last mile fiber optic links
- Validate installed last mile fiberoptic links for compliance to design
- Short learning curve allows the technician to be productive quickly
- Easy to use “single button” interface with “Auto Test” mode
- Optical power meter, stabilized laser source, and visual fault locator included standard with all models
- Free Trace Viewer documentation program
- Link Viewer that provides a linear Pass/Fail analysis
- On-board storage of 8GB